Computer Science & Engineering Department is one among the fully grown up department with a state-of-the-art curriculum and unique study methodology. The department helps the students in grasping and enhancing the skills to survive today’s complex and competitive world as software and hardware experts.
Build a strong research and teaching environment that responds swiftly to the challenges of the society and thereby empowering the students of Computer Science and Engineering Department to be technologically adept, innovative, self-motivated and responsible global citizens.
The mission of the Computer Science and Engineering Department is to
1. To Provide quality technical education in computer science , to solve real-world problems, through innovative teaching methodologies.
2. To cultivate professional approach, strong ethical values and team spirit along with leadership qualities and entrepreneur skills.
3. To produce competitive software engineers by providing training programs that bridges the gap between academia and industry.
4. To pursue quality research and development for the benefit of society.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
By the completion of Computer Science and Engineering program the student will have the following Program specific outcomes.
- 1. Computer Architecture Understand the principles and working of computer systems.
- 2. Software Development & management Analyze, design, develop, test and maintain application software and system software.
- 3. Foundation of computer networks Understand the concepts and working of computer networks and internet and the need for security in computer networks.
Program Educational Outcomes (PEOs)
- 1. Work productively as computer engineers and succeed in diverse career path in multidisciplinary environments to solve real world problems.
- 2. Engage themselves in life-long learning to adapt with the continuously evolving technology .
- 3. Promote Design, Research and implementation of Products and Services in the field of Computer Science & Engineering through strong Technical, Communication , Leadership and Entrepreneurial Skills.
Program Outcomes (POs)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design / Development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.